Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sister Carrie and Brother Seth come to visit

Um, yeah, we look stoned, but we're seriously not.
Yesterday, my brother and sister of the heart, Carrie and Seth, came to visit. They brought with them my dear Maizie Moon, their beautiful daughter. I hadn't seen them in over a year. In fact, it was their wedding that I missed this past summer. I'm so glad to say that they are back living in my state and only about 2 hours away.
We spent almost 5 hours together yesterday, letting the kids play in the yard and then letting them destroy the house, while the adults chatted and caught up and laughed and cried and all that deeply joined friends do when reunited after a long separation. I was fortunate enough to help Carrie and Seth bring Maizie into the world as their doula, nearly 2 years ago. My partner was also there. In fact, this was our first birth together as partners. So much of what my life consists of today can be tied back to Carrie and Seth. We're connected deeply. Carrie is now pursuing birth work in her town and Seth is trying like hell to turn their plot of land (okay, 15 acres) into a sustainable organic farm.
I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends - family, really. Welcome back to MO, folks. You'll have significantly less snow and significantly more mosquito's than where you've lived for the past year. And we're still lovin' you, so stay this time, okay?

No comments: