Monday, October 10, 2005

Bath Time

Yesterday, MIL and FIL took us to the Zoo. We do it every year, or at least try to. Everyone has a favorite animal to see. Duck loves the elephants (3 of whom are pregnant by Raja - the little stud,) Stealth loves the zebras and giraffes. Me? I love the apes, the penguins, and the hippos. Oh, I love those hippos.
Curious as to how the water can be so clear with 3 or 4 enormous hippos in it? See those fish? They clean the water. To be totally frank, the hippos poo, their tails fan it around, and then the fish eat the poo. I'm not kidding. And then the fish clean all the heebie jeebies off the hippos skin.
Great partnership, eh?
I'm off now to revel in the fact that, while I may be the Mom and resident cleaner upper, I am not a fish living off a hippo.
Bi-Peds Unite!!

1 comment:

Dee2 said...

I love the hippos too!