Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!!!



It's October 31st, All Hallows Eve. Halloween. That's Jake the Jack-o-Lantern over there. He's a good jack-o-lantern and graciously allowed us to carve him, scoop his innards out, and toast his seeds all without cutting or burning ourselves.
Pretty good, I'd say. And, with cinnamon sprinkled inside and the candle blazing, he makes the house smell just like Autumn should smell. Welcome, Jake. Hang out for a while. You're pretty groovy.

It's scheduled to rain tonight - just as it rained last year. Man, last year sucked out loud. I was in one of my "NO WIRE HANGERS" moods and poor Stealth and Duck were just about convinced that the ghouls and goblins were not out on the streets as they had been told, no, they lived in their house and looked like Mommy. That was worth at least 3 years on the therapist's couch. Damn.

This year, things are much different. This year, Mommy is much more Zen. It's a tangible difference. I'm happier now than I have been in years, I'm so much more relaxed, and it shows. And I hope that my boys can see it. They deserve it the most.

Tonight we'll brave the wind and rain and cold together, all four of us. We'll be making memories that will last forever. And, as we come home and sit down to some warm food and laughter and the endless examination of candy and goodies and treats, I'll be grateful for this holiday, for my family. And, I'll wish my own ghost, the ghost of the Demon Mommy, a swift trip to the afterlife. She's not needed here anymore.

No comments: