Monday, October 10, 2005

Chicken, my dear, I hardly knew ye.

Okay, you have to see this. I know, I know, The Natural History of the Chicken doesn't sound like something that you'd intentionally watch. It sure didn't sound like something I'd be into. A couple of weeks ago, I found it at the library and I checked it out for my kids. Homeschooling takes all sorts of forms and I dig it. My kids get 1 hour of tv time a day where they can watch a movie (of some educational merit - and believe me, I can find education in nearly anything.) Sometimes they watch Fraggle Rock or Bob the Builder, but sometimes they get into documentaries (my kids, I tell you.)

SO, the chicken flick. Put it on today and I have to say, I was enthralled. It's political. It's humorous. It's informative. It's beautifully done and it does show case some classic nut jobs (think a crazy dyed haired woman living in Florida who keeps a chicken as a pet, feeds it Big Macs, and calls it her baby,) so I'm all for it. I swear, you'll never look at a chicken the same way.

Find it at your local library. Find it online. Just find it.

Cluck!

2 comments:

Dee2 said...

Oh we LOVED that one!
My Mom has many chickens - but one that is a beloved pet. She's writing a book about her!

tsduff said...

I saw that movie about the lady who has a pet chicken... I love my chickens too but I have to say I don't coddle them quite that much! I like your blog - reminds me of when my 3 kids were young. They are older now, and sometimes I forget those precious days when as a Mother, I was their world, their provider, their nurse, their comforter... it is a tough job turning them into self-sufficient adults. I'm not sure I succeeded with mine.