Friday, May 04, 2007

The view from the short bus

isn't that bad, really. But it is humbling.

So yesterday I returned a dress I bought. It's a gorgeous little sundress and really is lovely, but the bust was too short and if I got a size larger, it appeared that I was wearing some sort of scarlet circus tent. Either way, it wasn't looking good.

I returned it and spent some time wandering the aisles of the store and decided that it was the day to color my hair. I've been toying with the idea of dying it. I just wanted something that looked fresh, something to put more shimmer or something. But I'm not a fan of permanent dyes, not really thrilled about damaging my hair at all. So, when I found a temporary herbal wash that will stay for 28 shampoos and might give me a little bit of blond back temporarily, why the hell not.

So I come home and do the little deal --- and, well, was not terribly surprised by the backwards results- it was pretty much the same color as it started out to be ... although now the natural hi-lights were darker, so it looked like it actually dyed my hair BROWN instead of blond. Heh. Man, I get the award for hair dye dyslexia. I can do anything to anyone else's hair, but my own.

But I gotta say, I kind of like it brown.

What'chall think?

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mama All-Star said...

I like it. It makes your hair shine Mama. PS-I have the same exact problem when I color my hair..
xo