Thursday, April 13, 2006

Ugh

So, I have discovered that, as wonderful as it is to get a birthday cake, I can no longer eat the birthday cake.  I woke up this morning sure I was going to fall apart instantly - nausea, scratchy throat, general feeling of "coming down" like I used to experience daily when I was still druggin' ( i.e. every day of my late teens and early 20s.)
 
This is what healthy eating will do to you.**  I've become accustomed to flour being 100% whole wheat or soy. Sugar, when it exists, is unrefined.  Fats are usually in the form of olive oil or organic butter.  Eggs are antibiotic free and free range.
 
The cake that is in my fridge is none of those.  It's, as DDFF would call it, Satan's Asshole.  She's pretty much right (although, I'm still so happy and thrilled and touched at getting that cake!!!!)
 
I need me some serious Main Squeeze and maybe some good sushi to flush out my system.  I can hear all the preservatives inside dancing like mad going, "heh heh heh, take that, you hippie."
 
 
 
**leave my occasional diet coke alone.  I'm human, folks.  It's my weakness.

No comments: