Sunday, April 23, 2006

Rock and Roll Party Queens

It's Sunday and I cannot think of a better reason to give some props to my girlies, so grab your Mojitos and your best bra and listen up!
 
DDFF kicked some serious belly booty last night.  It was a hoot helping her get ready - it's unreal what goes into a 10 minute performance.  As expected, she was gorgeous and did her thang with grace and ease and just the right amount of in-your-face.  Sushi afterwards was delightful, as always.  I took some great pics of her, so if you know her blog, check it out -there might be photos or a write up???
 
My photographer, Nichelle, is leaving us and moving to the Windy City in a few weeks.  I'll sure miss her -she's just so much silly fun.  Her beautiful photography has enriched my life - I have pregnancy portraits, amazing birth photos, family portraits, and next week, B and I are having a session with just us.  I've signed a release allowing her to use a few photographs of me in an upcoming show, possibly this fall.  I'm excited about it and I hope I can go- a girlie weekend in Chicago?  Forget about it - I'm all over that like brown on rice (white rice is evil.)
 
The only good news about Nichelle leaving is that I can now start obsessively and shamelessly promoting another amazing photographer friend of mine, Anastacia Pottinger  .  Stacie does such amazing work and her work with babies - oh my dear Elvis on velvet, it's breath taking.  Please visit her website and see for yourself.  An hour with Stacie is an hour with bliss.  If you're local, be sure to check out her photography at Main Squeeze in May.
 
I saw my good friend, Chris, last night.  She's just stunningly beautiful inside and out and every time I see her, I feel like I've been given a breath of fresh air.  I'm so lucky to have crossed paths with her - she just radiates love and light and art.  Please visit her website and maybe pick up a few handmade goodies for yourself.
 
Miss Velma and her mate, Mark, have set a date for their official union!  October 7  they'll be getting hitched in their own way, under their own power, with their own muses to guide them.  I'm lucky enough to have been invited and this is one party I don't want to miss!  I think 6 months is enough time to figure out how I can get myself to San Francisco, don't you?
 
JenPen called me last night and we're planning a 2 family camping trip.  It'll be her kids and my kids first camping adventure, so we're starting off in my backyard.  If it's a success, we'll venture further out of my property lines next time to a place with lakes.  SO MUCH FUN!!!  It's amazing how two grown women who are best friends can get so giggly and silly and just so like school girls.  I love love love her.
 
My online girlfriends who bring their brains everywhere they go are having their annual get together this weekend in Boston.  I sure wish I was with them - these women have enriched my life so much in the few months that I've known them.  Thick as thieves we are, I tell you.  If any of you are reading, have a margarita for me, okay?  And Miss Wave?  I saw the photos, those are some great girls you're sporting now!  Cha cha cha!
 
Sandie leaves for New Zealand in like 5 minutes.  Well, okay, not five minutes, but within a matter of days.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.  Sniff! Sniff!
 
Jill should be receiving a present in the next day or two from me.  heh heh heh.  Who's waiting now, eh?  We've started this amazing MP3 challenge -every week we set a challenge (such as "the song that most reminds you of your sophomore year in high school") and then we have to send each other 1 song that we have owned at one time or another that fits the bill.  Whoever wins gets to be iPod Goddess of the week and lord it over the other.  Should we both send the same song we both will run away and vacation together in Zanzibar.  Cannot wait until she issues the next challenge tomorrow.  C'mon, Jill My Bill, show me whatchu got!
 
We're visiting the in-laws today for a birthday celebration for me, Stealth, and my sister in law, D.  Have I told you how much I love my new sister in law?  Good gravy on toast, she's the BEST.  But, she's only turning 25, so therefore I have to hate her.  Just a little.
 
Okay.  Mojitos down.  The muffins are done -it's time for breakfast!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: