Thursday, April 20, 2006

Like

I do not like cramps
 
I do like chocolate
 
I do not like conservatives (in general, of course, there are exceptions)
 
I do like sushi
 
I do not like sour cream or mayonnaise and what the hell, exactly, is Miracle Whip??
 
I do like fibers
 
I do not like pressure to create with fibers
 
I do like my husband
 
I do not like many of my husband's quirks
 
I do like alcohol
 
I do not like hangovers
 
I do like flowers
 
I do not like houses that are too big for their families
 
I do like Erzulie
 
I do not like that my library does not have downloadable books that can be played on Erzulie
 
I do like my girlfriends
 
I do not like that I cannot go to the get together in Boston this weekend
 
I do like being 30
 
I do not like folks who are in their 30s (or older) and still act like they're 21
 
I do not like 21 year olds (in general, see above)
 
I do like this country
 
I do not like this country's voting records
 
I do like honesty
 
I do not like folks who bitch but never change
 
I do like my body
 
I do not like body hatred
 
I do like people who stand out
 
I do not like folks who try too hard to fit in
 
I do like cooking
 
I do not like cooking for my kids, 'cause all they will eat voluntarily is crap, so then I have to refuse to make them any crap and then they say, "but MOM," and that makes me want to get drunk, and if you've been paying attention, you know that I do not like hangovers.
 
I do not like folks who do not pay attention
 
I do like new music
 
I do not like *all* new music
 
I do not like women (girls) who get rich by being (pretending to be) stupid
 
I do like people who believe what they believe, know what they believe, and will fight for what they believe
 
I do not like people who do nothing
 
I do like shoes
 
I do like jewelry
 
I do like clothes
 
I do not like brand name labels that are visible
 
I do not like folks who pimp the flag
 
I do not like folks who bitch about government but don't vote
 
I do like getting letters
 
I do not like buying stamps
 
I do like tattoos, piercings, motorcycles and loud music
 
I do like classical music, hot tea, and the newspaper
 
I do not like bubble gum pop, Red Bull, and MTV
 
I do like freedom of speech

I do not like censorship
 
I do like writing
 
I do not like being inside on a beautiful day.
 
What do you like?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like wine.
i do not like whining.

Becky said...

I like the taste of chocolate, but the smell of vanilla.

I like being tan (and yes, please save your speaches about the health risks I'm taking. I am perfectly aware of them)

I like my kids.

I don't like them pushing my buttons.

I like spur of the moment road trips.

I like bargins.

I like Charmed (the TV series)

I like myself better than I did 2 years ago.

I like my knuckleheads.

I like getting emails from friends and family.

I like the fact that my sister and I are more than sisters, we're friends.

I like that our children are also more than cousins, they're friends too.

I really like (ok love) my nephews.

I like the fact that my BIL thinks my son is awesome and cool.

I like it when someone else cooks dinner.

I like Captain Morgan.

I like that he never leaves me with a hangover.