Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bustin' out all over Part One


VJ, Dave, and Terri are driving down the California coast as I type this on their way to San Diego for the National Needle Arts Trade Show.  This show is HUGE.  Beyond huge, probably, but let's not get too carried away, eh?  It's possible that Ozark Handspun will walk away from the show with many many many new clients (?) who will sell the yarn in their shops.  This is big business.  This is also the site for the Fashion show that I mentioned a few months ago where a hat and a purse that I designed and created will take the stage with a vest from Dave and a scarf from VJ to complete the ensemble.  All things considered, this is a very important trip.
 
So I called VJ this morning to wish her luck and safe travels and such and to tell her about the revelations I've been having about myself (watch for Bustin' out all over Part Two in the coming days,) and she had some news for me, herself!  She spent quite some time at the SF post office yesterday to mail a package to Deb Stoller.  Now I've written about Deb Stoller, author of Stitch & Bitch and Stitch & Bitch Nation.  Deb Stoller also happens to run a not-so-little magazine that I love love love called Bust Magazine: For women with something to get off their chest.   All of my girlie friends reading this, you know Bust Magazine, eh?  Certainly you've at least gotten a Bust e-card from me.  Anyway, it's a pretty big magazine. 
 
The package that VJ mailed had a skein of Ozark Handspun in it.  It will be featured in an upcoming article in Bust about hand spinning.
 
Seriously, folks.  Seriously.  I think I peed a little in excitement.

 

No comments: