Monday, January 30, 2006

The Buddha Within

I found this piece of artwork this morning while hunting around for some Buddhist centers in my area. It's beautiful, isn't it? It speaks to me. It's called The Buddha Within and the artist is Aesha Kennedy.

I'm working through some really hard things these days. The stuff that many folks burry down deep inside. I'm digging my way down to my roots, nearly 30 years worth of muck. It's hard, but not as hard as living without dealing. I've done that long enough to know that I suck at it.

For the first time in years, I'm contemplating taking up a faith, a religion. Buddhism, however, is more of a way of life. It calls to me, it speaks to me, and what it says to me resonates deep in my soul. It's what I want for myself. I'm hoping to find my own Buddha within. Posted by Picasa

No comments: