Saturday, January 07, 2006

Bowling for Buddies

See those little feet? In bowling shoes? They belong to Duck and Stealth. They went to a birthday party today for their little friend, T, at the local bowling alley.

Yep. A kid's 4th birthday party at a bowling alley. And it was FABULOUS. 12 kids ranging in age from 3 - 9 bowling. I have thought about having the boys' birthdays at the bowling alley and now, having experienced it, I think it's a great idea! The price isn't much more than what I'd end up paying to have the party at my own home and again, KIDS BOWLING!!!!! Kids were sliding down the alleys, trying to bowl in strangers' lanes, going 4 and 5 times in a row, I cannot count how many times we had to fling another bowling ball down the lane to retrieve a ball that a little kid had tried so hard to fling down but only made it half way.

And the music. Loud. And the exact same stuff that was playing the last time I went bowling in that place. When I was in college. 10 years ago. I was drunk then, but I remember the music. Yep. It's the same. Nothing like seeing Duck hurl a ball (and himself) down the lane and shreiking, "I Have The Power!!!"

The only injury was a smashed finger - MINE! And I have no idea how it happened. Don't really care.

It was fantastic, we all had a great time!

Thanks, L, T, and T. We'll bowl with you anytime!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: