Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Where does it all go?



It's just after 7 in the morning and we've been up for over an hour.  Duck is doing his "school work" at his computer (he's doing crossword puzzles,) and Stealth is watching him.  It's amazing - Stealth is still young enough to have the fuzzy, warm, baby smell and look and feel when he wakes up.  It's slowly drifting away from him, he's growing up.  Soon he'll be doing crosswords and I'll still be wondering what where my babies went.
 
I saw a lovely birth of a gorgeous little girl yesterday.  The mama who I was certain was going to have a long, drawn out, traumatic birth ended up having a super duper quick (4hours) labor and a slow and gentle birth in the water.  Beautiful, simply beautiful.  You just never know.
 
I saw this woman and her husband look at their brand new daughter and it made my heart jump, it almost always does.  They'll be looking into those eyes for years and years until one day when they, too, will wonder where their baby went.
 
Everything as it should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the birth sounded perfect---
i cannot wait to get our biz up and running so, i too, can watch miracles for a living!
my 1 client is so great---i met with her yesterday.
she really knows her stuff...i am super excited about her birth.
also...your boys---precious!