Friday, December 02, 2005

Fa La La La La

This is a random post, folks.  Nothing deep or important today.  Maybe tomorrow!
 
22 more days until Santa comes.
Yesterday the big brown truck arrived in our driveway to deliver a present each for Duck and Stealth.  While we have a pretty good list of things to give them for Christmas (and they always make a haul,) these were the first things to enter our home.  It's hard not giving the gifts to the kids right away - I know they'll be so excited, and I get excited when they get excited.  Sigh.  For now, they sit in the garage (No Kids Land.)
I think my new SIL and I have come up with the best plan for Christmas gifts.  She just married my BIL a few months ago and they are still sorting through wedding gifts.  They don't really need anything at this point.  B and I have been together for almost 7 years and, while we need some things, this is a pack rat house and we don't have much room for anything else.  SO, lovely SIL and I decided that we're going to use the money we would spend on each other (she and BIL and me and B,) and we're going out instead of buying gifts.  Get a sitter for Duck and Stealth and the four of us adults are going to hit the town.  Dinner.  Maybe Blues jam.  Maybe bowling, shooting pool, insane arcade games.  Something.  Fun!
I am finished DDFF's present today.  I know you're reading this, mama, so you're just gonna have to hold on.  I promise, it's not a fruitcake.
Tonight is the living windows downtown.  I think the boys would love it.  I think there's not enough money or sexual favors in the world to get B to go.  Sheesh.
There's a sale today and tomorrow at my favorite local yarn shop.  I don't have any money that I should be spending.  Shall I spend some, anyway???  Argh.  I could save up to 50%!!!  I'm scheduled to meet a new potential client on Sunday (thanks, DDFF,) and that could bring in some money.  We're probably bellycasting someone next week, that could bring money.  And I have a client who is scheduled to pay me the remainder of my fee in a couple of weeks.  Money.  It's coming.  But I don't have it now.  DAMMIT, I hate being responsible.
My kids are growing up so fast.  It breaks my heart.  But it thrills me at the same time.  They're so cute it hurts.  Stealth is reading more and more everyday.  At first, I thought he was just bullshitting me, but nope, that little 3yo is picking it up.
Duck wrote a letter to Santa the other day.  It read, "Dear Santa.  Get me Benny.  Love, Duck."  The most polite, genteel kid in the universe and he just demands things from Santa.  Smooth.  BTW, Benny arrived in the brown truck.
Friends are starting to make the trek back home for the holidays.  HOORAY!  I see a lot of sushi and laughter in my future.  And I will always spend money on that.


 

1 comment:

Dee2 said...

You are gonna LOVE this couple too!
They are super sweet and I'm gonna catch their baby :)

Ooh, I got your present at Beaux Arts, baybee!