Thursday, December 08, 2005

Eh, maybe it's not so bad

I went to bed last night after staring out the window and watching snowflakes slowly drift to the ground. For the last few days, it's been spitting snow out there. Not enough to stick, really. Occasionally you could find a small pile of about 57 snowflakes (and if it's there to be found, Stealth is the one who'll find it.) Regardless, I went to sleep knowing that the forecast called for 4 inches of snow.

The boys woke me early this morning. At 6 in the morning, it's cold in this house. And so, when B pulled me back into bed, I didn't complain one little bit. Pretty nice way to start the day. When it's warm and nice weather, I don't get back into bed. There's too much to do. Today, however, it wasn't warm and it wasn't nice weather.

By 7 this morning, there was already 4 inches of snow on the ground and it's not supposed to stop until this afternoon. It really is beautiful out there. Our property is sprinkled with trees - there's probably 10 or 12 trees, all told - so when it snows, all the birds come out of their frosted homes. Looking out over our backyard, it looks like a fairy land.

It is officially time to break out the annual holiday swimming pool, aka My Grinch Mug. This thing is HUGE. It has to be 8 inches tall, has a diameter of at least 5 inches. This morning, after getting the boys breakfast, I filled that thing with Lady Grey tea. NICE.

B is home today. It's his day off. The boys are excited and I'm excited and B's excited. We'll go for a woodland hike in the snow and then come back to the house to play in the yard. Afterwards will be hot chocolate and video games and stories and movies. NO homeschooling today (but they'll learn volumes, anyhow.)

I'm warm, I'm loved, I'm happy.

Maybe winter isn't so bad. Posted by Picasa

No comments: