Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Possible blog topics

I've been feeling the urge to write something on my blog, but couldn't decide between a handful of topics. So I have decided to write a brief blurb about each of them.  I can promise that there won't be anything profound or deep here.  I'm just downloading my brain.
 
And away we go ...

I spent the better part of Friday with my best girlie, JP.  I swear, we had so much fun together that it was nearly enough to make her drop her gig so we can do it more often!  Her 3 kids and my 2 kids played in her yard while we drank Chianti, talked about our husbands, and laughed at her ridiculous red lipstick.  What was going to be a 2 hour play date ended up being a 6 hour adventure.  I love JP.  We have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how and why our paths crossed when they did, what higher power caused us to collide.  The truth of the matter is that our friendship is deep and connected in ways that just don't have explanation.  We have pretty much concluded that it was a very specific chain of events that happened during a particular time period.  Had one single day not happened as it did, we might not have made the connection.  Everything as it should be.  Anyway, by the end of the day, we had played dress up and make up and danced to music with the kids.  We had kissed boo boos and discussed dinner.  She reminded me of all the wonderful things about my husband and I reminded her of all the wonderful things about hers (girlfriends have to do this every now and then, you know.)  We talked about being professionals, about owning our own businesses, about being successful and self sufficient.  How blessed we are to know that, if we had to, we could support ourselves.  That we are not bound to anyone out of need - that we are bound to folks in our lives out of love and choice.  I once read that the measure of a good friend, one who is worth keeping around, is noticing if you feel better or worse after having spent time with them.  Think about that.  Don't we all have "friends" who leave us feeling drained and lethargic after having spent time with them?  I have never once felt that way after leaving JP.  I am so proud of her - she makes me proud of myself.  That is a true blue friend. 
 
A former friend of mine was arrested yesterday for murdering his wife.  Apparently (and yeah, it's allegedly, I know,) he slowly poisoned his wife by slipping chemicals into her Gatorade over a period of time.  I haven't seen him or had any contact with him in probably 10 years, but it's striking news, none the less.  He was creepy then, guess he's still creepy now.  I mean, the guy wore a black leather jacket, brown loafers, and carried a brief case to high school.  Since I was so busy hunting out folks who looked like heroin addicts, I never really paid too much attention to him, but was around him socially probably 60% of my high school years.  It's just a strange thought, you know?  Anyway, I told B this morning that if he ever wants to kill me, to do it like a man and shoot me or run me over with a truck or something.  Slow poisoning is for pansies.  He agreed and we even shook on it.  Whew!  Glad that's taken care of.
 
Did I mention that I'm going to be learning to spin yarn?  Oh I did?  Well, just in case - I'M GOING TO LEARN HOW TO SPIN YARN.  It's exciting stuff.
 
The holidays are coming and I'm really excited about them this year.  I feel no pressure what so ever in regards to shopping.  It's odd - usually I'm totally freaked out about this kind of thing.  Maybe it's because this year I'm more financially stable than I have been before.  Maybe it's because I have a better understanding of what is truly important.  Maybe it's because my kids are at a great age.  I don't know, but I'm welcoming it and I'm welcoming it all.  
 
And with holidays come the return of my friends from far and wide.  MANY folks are coming in to my state and / or city in the next few weeks.  I'm thrilled - just thrilled.  It's a Wonderful Life, indeed.
 
The brain explosion that I had a few weeks ago has really grabbed a hold of my life and I'm so pleased that it wasn't a transient experience.  I really feel and believe that my mind set has truly changed for the better.  Pronoia really is amazing.  Being optimistic (and realistic) is amazing.  There really is a mind body connection, an energy dialogue, that mixes Karma, kismet, fate, faith, hope, acceptance, forgiveness, courage, humility, and dreams into an almost euphoric reality and I'm so glad that I've made the connection.  Now, don't get me wrong - there are still things that suck in my life -but they are  things that suck in my life , not things in my life that sucks.   I can deal with that. 
 
It's 80 degrees outside.  B is going fishing and my boys are itching to climb a tree and ride bikes.  I cannot blame them - there's a lot out there for them. There's a lot out there for us all.
 

No comments: