Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Credit where due


I mentioned that I have PMS.  Pretty much makes me the last person anyone would want to be around.  Except my husband.  He doesn't mind.  He brings me tea.  He rubs my back.  He tells me he'll try to come home early.  He tells me that I need to give myself a break - everyone gets crabby now and then.  He kisses my forehead, hugs me tight, and tells me that if he had a cramping uterus, he'd be a bitch, too.  You cannot ask for much more than that.
 
I write about B in this blog and give him a lot of crap, but truth be told, he's about the most amazing human being I've ever met.  Yes, it's true, he can be self centered at times, he's moody, he smokes too much, eats too little.  But sincerely, that's about all I can complain about.  He's kind, honest, dependable, and he has even begun doing dishes, laundry, and other things without being asked.  He doesn't complain too much when I leave the house at 3 in the morning and tell him to find childcare as I walk out the door.  He makes the meanest grilled cheese sandwich in town and he makes me laugh until I pee a little.  He's an inspiring father, an artist, a brilliant man.  I got one of the good ones and I'm blessed.
 
***
In my brief post about the breech home birth, I mentioned the Student Midwife.  What I didn't mention is that the Student Midwife was my very own DDFF.  I write about DDFF all the time.  She's one of my very best friends in the whole wide world, she was my doula mentor years ago, she helped me have a VBAC, and well, she's just awesome.  She's also a midwife.  Yes, yes, she will tell you that she is a student midwife (technically true,) but she has the hands of a midwife, the mind of a midwife, the heart of a midwife.  I've worked with her to bring many many babies into the world (I've lost count,) and I've seen her catch a few, and each and every time I'm filled with the feeling of "this is right."  She's got it going on and it is a sincere honor and pleasure to work with her.  She has informed me that, as of this week, I'm now in training to be her assistant.  I've hoped to be a midwife's assistant for a long time and this thrills me to no end.  What makes it even better, however, is knowing that I'll be assisting DDFF.  We always said we were going to take over the world.  I can see it happening. 
 
***
My Mom's husband recently shut down a business he was running with a corrupt partner.  As a result, they have used most of their savings to make ends meet.  She hasn't killed him yet and I believe that deserves a round of applause.  Way to go, Mom!!
 
***
Velma has spent 7 months traveling and being unemployed.  She did it largely by herself, driving thousands of miles, camping alone, crossing the boarder into Canada.  That's hardcore, VJ.  Oh, and yeah, I want a quilt!  COLORS, texture, bohemian, go nuts. 
Can't wait to see you soon - I miss you.
 
***
 
Everyone, if you deserve some credit, here it is:
 
HOORAY FOR YOU!  GOOD JOB EVERYONE!
 
Have a great day. I'm off to find some chocolate.
 

1 comment:

velma said...

Thank you!
And of course you get a quilt! It's been started in my head for months...