Sunday, August 13, 2006

Wonderful day

It was about time - I certainly needed a great day!
 
Last night, B and I decided we were long past due for some quality one on one time with the kids, so we decided that today was the day.  We got up early with the boys and B took Stealth on a special Daddy and Son fishing trip.  I grabbed Duck and we went swimming in a local lake, hit a playground, then got breakfast out and hit a local garden spot.  B and Stealth had a great time and so did Duck and I.  It was so wonderful to see him smile that smile that takes up his whole face, to hear him say, "Oh Mama, I love you!!," and to swim with the fish, and we even saw a rainbow!
 
My in-laws came around noon and took the boys out for a day of fun (and wayyyyyyyy too much sugar.)  B and I used the time to discuss some much needed topics and, after getting tired of the heaviness that these sort of conversations require, went out and saw a hysterical movie that required very little brain power to enjoy!  It was so refreshing to laugh out loud at such silliness.
 
Came home, made an easy dinner, put the kids to bed. 
 
I just returned from drinking a beer outside in our "gazebo" during a rainstorm.  There's nothing quite like the smell of a much needed summer rain - it just washes everything clean and fresh.
 
I'm about to soak in a hot bath with a great book and will eventually make it to bed with clean sheets and a fantastic pillow and my man.
 
Sometimes, life just smiles.
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perfect day!

i miss shelter gardens, nice place!

xo