Thursday, August 17, 2006

Holy shit, there went my brain - and I liked it!

I like movies. In fact, I love movies. There's just about nothing that I like more than sitting on the couch with a big ol' bowl of popcorn with nutritional yeast (don't knock it 'til you've tried it because oh sweet Elvis, it's outta sight,) and watching a good movie.

I said a GOOD movie.

For years, that meant something about a thousand hours long that required an atlas, dictionary, and Freudian interpreter whispering in my ear. OR it meant lots of British ladies running around and drinking too much wine. OR it meant some documentary or docudrama about some sort of societal issues. At the very least, it had to at least have a kick ass soundtrack.

But then I became a woman and I put away all my prudish things.

I confess to enjoying a mindless night of movie watching. I like laughing just for the sake of laughing. I like watching a movie and getting nothing out of it but pure, unadulterated entertainment. I enjoy spending a couple of hours with my brain *not* stretching. In fact, I've learned that I also rather enjoy it when I bring the garage into my living room and kill off a few of those pesky and un-needed brain cells in the name of parental liberation. I particularly enjoyed this Tuesday night while B and I spent a couple of hours trying to find a White Castle with Harold and Kumar.

Let me just say right now, if you're a tight ass, don't even attempt to watch this movie. You won't get it. You'll spend half of it looking away and the other half looking at the person with whom you're watching the movie to see if they are clueless, too, or if it's just you.

BUT, if you have ever found infomercials life changing, if you've ever discovered that peanut butter does, on occasion, make a great addition to pickles, if you've ever called information and asked where you left your socks, this movie is for you. MY LORD AND BUTTER, this movie is for you.

Laughed so hard my brain fell out.
And I loved it! Posted by Picasa

No comments: