Sunday, August 20, 2006

Diva-ine night

So last night's show was amazing!  The place was packed and steamy (seriously, Arnie, turn on the fucking a/c, huh?  You got 150 liberals in the basement - you know it's gonna get hot!)  There was some seriously good mojo in the place and, although it was cramped and hot as Hell on Easter, everyone was in great spirits.
 
Backstage was a whirl of sequins and feathers and boas and leather and bells and lots of nekkidness - just the way I like things.  I set up my little seat and within seconds was doing some make up magic that would make Max Factor himself proud.  I don't know how many faces I painted, how many sets of false eyelashes I glued on, and, to quote Dolly Parton, I sure as shit "banged some hair!"  Did a Geisha, a raging school girl, a Frida knock off, a lovely Rosie the Riveter updo for my beloved DDFF, the eyes of the gorgeous designer, lots of cheeks and lips, but I think perhaps the topper was the groupie - complete with tri-colored lids, heavy brows, more liner and mascara than anyone should ever put on, and a triple tiered bouffant of rat-tail combed goodness.  By the time our set was ready to take the stage, I was covered in more makeup and hair goo that I could ever have imagined -and I had a smile on my face as big as Groupie's hair.
 
The ladies did such an amazing job - totally hip, completely professional, just sooooooooo great!  Everyone was hooting and hollering and bless my bourbon, I think every breathing soul in the place was utterly impressed.  They damned well should have been - they were in the presence of greatness and if they couldn't see it, well, there's someone named Tiffany down at the Gap ready to take their order.  Puh-Lease!
 
Imagine my surprise when all the fabulous women in our group took the stage for their final bows with the designer - they pulled me out on stage, too!!  I was blushing in my boots.
 
Dancing afterwards to a couple of local hip hop dudes (seriously, these guys *owned* that house by the time they were done,) was a much needed release and a fantastic celebration of the female body and what it can do!   Fun Fun Fun
 
And after it was all said and done, Rosie (DDFF) and I went to a nice place around the corner for dinner and appletinis and some much needed laughter.
 
Fabulous.  Absolutely Fabulous.  And yeah, Patsy and Edina would be proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how fun!!!
pics???
xo,
ss