Sunday, July 03, 2005

Thoughts, musings, tra la la

Okay, I want to make something clear - when I said that I don't care about your opinions, I basically meant that if I'm not talking about you, don't bother emailing me with all the, "were you talking about me because I certainly don't feel like I behave that way - it was totally unfair of you to generalize." See folks, here's the deal: it's my blog so I can generalize all I want!

BUT I never meant to say "do not comment." Some of you folks write some funny stuff - keep it coming, folks.

Today my children have eaten:
Scrambled eggs
Lemonade
cookies
Ice cream
Bubble gum
Ice cream
Juice
Ice cream
pool water

I can sense the Mother of the Year award is just around the corner. I'm for sure going to win this year.

I had a wonderful memory this afternoon. A little over 6 years ago, when B and I were flirting around like mad but wouldn't admit that there was anything between us, we went fishing at Finger Lakes with 2(JP.) We (B and I) hiked into the woods a little bit because it seemed like JP&JP wanted a few minutes alone. We sat very close together in the woods, drinking beer, and I remember looking over my shoulder at the P's and saying, "Wow, looks like they're having a little moment there." B looked me dead in the eye and said, "I think we're having a moment of our own right here." LIGHTNING BOLTS, I'm telling you. I love remembering moments like that.

Shortly after that exchange, we went off to have sushi for dinner. It was the 2nd time I'd had sushi that day. So, you know, it was just about perfect.

My kids make folks smile. I love it.

Today is my sister's birthday. Live it up, Sis. You're a year closer to AARP. (that's not a slam, I'm a year closer, too.)

Felted another bag this morning. Have I mentioned how hard core felting rocks?

My kids spent the morning and early afternoon with their Grandmom J. Hence the ice cream. I'm glad that they can do this sort of thing. I never saw my grandparents growing up. Maybe once a year. I couldn't have told you anything about them, really. I couldn't have found where they keep their cups. My kids, on the other hand, could find anything in their grandparents houses blindfolded.

Stealth asks me the same questions over and over and over again. Sincerely. LIke a broken record. He'll keep it up for hours. I'm assuming, one day, he'll work for the FBI. Oh dear Elvis, let him still be on my side.

Yesterday, out of the blue, Duck came up to me and said, "Hey Mom, guess what? The difference between an octopus and a squid is that a squid has 10 tentacles while an octopus only has 8." I'm so damned glad we're homeschooling - I learn best at home.

No comments: