Sunday, July 24, 2005

Not long enough

February 9, 2001. One O'clock in the afternoon. Boone County court house. Making something exist on paper that had existed in our hearts for a long, long time. B and I getting married. Duck was 8 months old and babbling in the background. That's Joe and Jennifer standing up with us - our best friends in the whole world.

It's been a few years since B and I found each other. 6 years, in fact (4 years of marriage.) That means that I've spent over 20% of my life being in love with him. Or, I guess you could say I've loved him my whole life - my life just happened to start at 23.

There is no one with whom I'd rather spend time . No one with whom I feel more safe. No one with whom I'd rather share life.Brian makes me laugh. He makes me think. He is the only person I trust completely. I look at him and my heart still jumps to my throat and my knees still shake.I hope that we're still laughing and loving when we're 100 years old. I hope that there is life after death because, frankly, 'till death us do part just isn't long enough.

It’s very clear our love is here to stay.
Not for a year, but ever and a day.
The radio and the telephone.
And the movies that we know.
May just be passing fancies and in time may go.
But, oh my dear, our love is here to stay.
Together were going a long, long way.
In time the rockies may crumble,
Gibraltar may tumble,
they’re only made of clay.
But our love is here to stay.

- George and Ira Gershwin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!
and his mane!! geez louise!
that is some hair!
glad you are so happy after all this time...many folks can't say that.