Friday, July 15, 2005

She's leaving home, bye bye

I said goodbye to VJ yesterday. It broke my heart to see her drive off, emergency break still on (she's VJ to the core -always will be.)

I want to make her return flight tickets disappear, but that's just the selfish part of me. Velma is too big to isolate to one small area in Mid-Missouri. She still has hundreds of lives to touch all over the world first before coming back to settle down.

She takes with her
2 purses
2 pair of pants
1 skirt
1 shirt
1 hat
all from Kohleidoscope.

She leaves with me
peace
understanding
laughter
love
acceptance
compassion
wonderful memories and delightful photos

I'm pretty sure I got the lion's share.

"When you reach the top, keep climbing." - Zen Proverb

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It's my goal to remain unemployed for a full year." - Velma Gentzsch

Gotta love you, VJ. I'll miss you more than I miss the liberal Congress. Safe travels and a swift return.

And remember, you promised to give Mr. Ritchie a FULL chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a nice tribute to Velma! she sounds like such a fun person with a tremendous spirit!

--and i love her goal to be unemployed for 1 whole year!!--sweet!

~Sandie