Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Happy nuggets

Well, seeing as how the monkey has nominated an ass for the supreme court, I think I'm going to take this day to get out of the fucking barnyard and into the sun, a.k.a. the land of denial. I'm going to focus on some things that make me happy, regardless of how inane, shocking, surprising, whatever.

So, off the top of my head, here's some things that make me smile.

1. Days of Our Lives. Close your mouth before you swallow a fly. It's true, I love Days. I've watched it since I was T-I-N-Y. My brother and sister were in school and Mom would make me a grilled cheese sandwich and she'd watch Days and then As the World Turns. I was supposed to be taking a nap. HA HA! Had I been napping, I would never have seen the first few times that Hope died, the whole "Roman Brady / John Black" confusion, Patch and Kayla, Shane and Kim, and of course, Marlena's demon possession. Okay, okay - some of those things happened long after I was supposed to be napping. In fact, some of them happened when I was supposed to be in college. Whatever. FYI, if you haven't been watching - Marlena is pregnant with Roman's baby, Jack is dying, Micky chose Maggie (but she unfortunately chose the most hideous gown for their vow renewal,) Belle, Shawn, and Phillip are still pretending to be nice instead of just screwing each other over. But let me repeat - MARLENA IS PREGNANT WITH ROMAN'S CHILD AND JOHN FINDS OUT TODAY. Wahoo! Let the good times roll.

2. The Educator's Discount at Barnes & Nobel. We buy a lot for the boys education. I mean A LOT. Can't beat getting it cheaper. And, frankly, I'm not going to sneeze at the prospect of grabbing a fine cuppa joe and letting the kids play with trains while I "preview" the books I'll be using to *ahem* teach the boys to knit.

3. Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem Zoot and Floyd were my first true loves. Note: both have long hair and at least one of them looks like a heroine addict. This was to become a trend with me.

4. My boys favorite treat is getting lemonade and oyster crackers at Willie's. No fooling. It doesn't take much to make them happy -and that makes me thrilled.

5. Today, Duck jumped up and down in excitement to buy bright orange "Take Away" (subtraction) flash cards.

6. DVDshrink. I've said it before, I'll say it again. DVDshrink kicks ass.

7. Yesterday was my father's birthday. His 60th birthday. Know how he spent his day? He hiked to the top of Pike's Peak. Today he's rock climbing. That is just plain ol' hardcore.

8. Pillsbury makes white chocolate Macadamia nut cookies that bake in 12 minutes. Need I say more?

9. My mom knew the instant she heard about the monkey picking the ass that I'd be calling her. She answered the phone by saying, "I've been expecting you - I'm already saving up your bail money." Now, that's a mom!

10. Jill has yet another blog and this one doesn't get pissy about new posts.

11. For some reason, my husband still thinks I'm hot. Of course, he also announces nearly every day that his eyes aren't what they used to be. Hmmmm.

12. I'm meeting with a potential client tonight. She's groovy. She's the groovy sister of one of my groovy clients. And DeeDee, who is also groovy, will be there. We're meeting in a groovy coffee shop with groovy couches. And, if she writes us a groovy check, it will be really groovy. Groovy, eh?

Right on.

What are your happy nuggets?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, what is dvd shrink?
and your dad---rock on!!!
i am lmao about the heroin=looking guys!! this was also a trend of mine---my DH does not fit that "look"--he was a 1st!!

Becky said...

My happy Nuggets?
St. Louis Cardinal's games Got to see one Sunday afternoon. With Daniel who happens to be another of my Happy Nuggets.

Daniel is my first healthy relationship, full of love, laughter, trust, respect, togetherness and spaces.

Megan climbing into bed with me 5 minutes before I have to get up, wrapping her arm around me and going back to sleep.

My 11 year old son gave me an unsolicitated hug and 'I love you Mom' just last week. I treasure it.

When any of my kids, interupt their game to give me hugs and kisses for no reason.

My kiss-ass Dad who is spending his birthday in Colorado. I almost missed his 60th birthday because of my own stupidity and stubborness.

Baskin Robbins Peanut butter 'n' chocolate.

A night at home child free so I can lounge around in sweats and read a book and not answer to anyone.

My sister, her blog, her boys. They bring a smile to my face and light up my life every single day.