Sunday, March 19, 2006

word droppings

The insurance adjuster came today to look at the storm damage.  He did, indeed, see all the damage that we saw plus some.  Apparently, there are some softball sized dents in our roof.  And it ruined our air condition.  And it broke some of the kids yard toys (yeah, we get something for that!!)  Hopefully it all goes well and our insurance company agrees.  Whew.  Our house looks like crap - I'm anxious to get it fixed.  Then maybe I can stop coming home and thinking we got hit by a drive by.
 
If you are around our area (or, apparently, in parts of Kansas,) you have to check out Born Hillbilly by Jim Curley.    If you're local, we have it at our local library.  This is a bare bones cd of a couple of guys picking guitar, dulcimer, whatever they can find with strings, playing, maybe singing,  traditional music.  I don't know why, but it's got it's hooks on me. And as much as I dig it, I fully admit that I may very well be the only one.  For now, though, you can bet it's going on 'Zulie.  JMB, when I get to go into warp speed in a week or so, I'll be sending it to you.  H will probably think he's landed back on NYE at the Howland Hoedown.  Whatever.  There's a song called My Teacher Shot Me in the Head with a (Paper Clip Blues.)  That is reason to check it out in and of itself, don't you think?
 
I really hate it when doing what is right for yourself ends up causing someone else to miss out on what is right for them.  It just sucks.
 
I ought to get paid by Burt's Bees.  I swear, I pimp them out so much, you'd think I had gold teeth.
 
I am married to the most amazing person in the world.  Man, I love him.  Please don't remind me of those statements in the future when I threaten to clobber him with a cast iron skillet.
 
 
 


 

No comments: