Friday, March 17, 2006

Green Beer and Beans

Happy St. Pat's folks! Random tidbits a'followin'

Happy Birthday to my Father in Law! I love you to bits, Dan, but have always thought that a birthday on St. Pat's is just wasted on someone who doesn't drink.

Tomorrow is a big day in my house. It's B's birthday. He doesn't give a flying fart, but it's a big deal to me. He'll have graced this earth with 32 years of his presence this time around - I'm looking forward to the next 32 +.

Tomorrow is also the 18th month celebration of sobriety for one of the people in my life who is an alcoholic. I'm so proud of you! I've never seen such bravery and strength. I'm humbled by your ability to change. Thank you. Thank you for saving yourself.

My days of the antiquated and slow-as-molasses-running-uphill-in-January dial up are limited. My current ISP is ceasing to provide service, so we had to change. We have pulled ourselves out of destitute poverty and are now at least in the middle lower class, so all kinds of things are moving up. DSL is coming to my house in a week or so. I'm scared to death at the prospect of installing the new modem myself, but have managed to do all kinds of crazy things to computers in the past. I'm hoping I can pull this off. (hey folks at the help line, get used to my voice - you're going to be hearing it a lot!) ( Okay Okay, maybe we were never in destitute poverty. Maybe we were in middle lower class and are now upper lower class, but folks, money is tight all over - we ain't rollin in the dough, you dig?)

I'm loving Jill My Bill more and more every day. I dare say we're closer now than we were in high school and, lord and butter, we've known each other for, GASP, almost 17 years. She's sending me all kinds of lovely things for Erzulie. LOVE THAT. She's in Ireland and today is the mass insanity that you can imagine over there. She says it's raining buckets. Well, at least the rain will wash the vomit off the streets, eh? Note to Jill -you don't dream about MV anymore and I'll not dream about KT, either, and we'll never mention it again!

I miss my Velma. She has her new job and she loves it. That makes me happier than anything - but now she has other things taking up her time and I cannot call her 24/7. I miss you VJ and love you like chocolate.

DDFF is doing something so amazing tomorrow. Can't tell you what it is, but I've been invited to do it, too. Not sure about that, though. What I DO know is that she's gonna rock the casbah and is going to walk out like a goddess. GO DDFF!!! And, um, might want to have buckets of ice water available for your man.

My friend SS is in the hospital fighting off Strep A, a nasty infection that kills 50% of the folks who get it. FIGHT, SS, FIGHT! Dude, Ace will be lost without you! LOL

Everyone have a great day. BE SAFE. If anyone I know drives drunk, I'll kill you. It's not worth it, ya'll. Drink your green booze at home, like you ought to. Or get a cab. But celebrate, dye everything green, pinch lots of folks on the ass, and have a righteous Paddy's day, folks!

No comments: