Monday, February 13, 2006

Yep, those are our kids

If you have kids, you'll notice that occasionally you'll see yourself come shining through. Sometimes it's a wonderful experience, sometimes it's horrible, and sometimes it makes you piss your pants in laughter.
 
Yesterday I bought the kids new shoes.  Amongst the rows and rows and rows of shoes from which to pick, my kids did their Daddy proud and picked out canvas sneakers.  Yep, like Converse when they were still cool.  You know, Converse All Stars.  Duck picked out the low black ones,  not Stealth.  Stealth picked the BRIGHT RED high tops.  Yep.  And he's worn them non stop since.  We had a huge battle last night when we wouldn't let him sleep in them.  This morning he grabbed them before he even went to the bathroom.  HE wore them all morning in his pajamas and black cowboy hat.  They are his "RED SUPER SHOES."  B is so proud.
 
***************************************
 
On our way home from running errands this morning, I saw a police car speed out of a parking lot and tail a car in front of us.  Trying to teach my children to be compassionate (and trying to remind myself,) I said, "Oh, it looks like that police car is about to pull over that car.  I bet the driver is really scared.  Let's think a positive thought for the driver and hope that everything works out for the best."  I was so proud of myself, teaching my boys to think of others and care for others pain and angst.  Way to go, Mom.  Until I heard a little voice from the back seat.
 
"HEY, MOM, hurry up and HIT THAT COP!!"
 
"WHAT?  Duck, what in the world are you talking about???"
 
"Well, Mom, see, if we hurry up and smash into that cop, it'll get away from the car and the driver will be free!!"
 
 
hmm.  Seems I have slightly missed the mark.

 

1 comment:

Dee2 said...

HA HA! Way to go, Mom!

luv
dd