Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy V-Day

Happy V-Day. V stands for Victory, Valentine, and Vagina. To read more about V-Day and the good work associated with this day (besides jewelry, chocolate, flowers, and awesome sex,) please click here. You could help save someone you love.

True to form, Stealth stamped his mark on this year's Valentine's day last night. We had spent the day shopping around to find the super duper magnificent cordless power drill that can go through Fort Knox, do laundry, and perform those super special sexual favors that just aren't gonna happen every day so stop asking. Okay, so maybe the drill doesn't do all that, but it should for what we ended up paying for it. Regardless, we find the drill, pick up some extra Titanium bits, and grab the slippers B has been wanting. Looking good. All day we talked about how tomorrow (today) is V-Day and how the drill and such are presents for Daddy, so shhhhhhh! B walked in the door last night and Stealth says, "Hi Daddy, guess what? WE got you a drill!!"

What the hell?

So, in light of recent illuminations, we decided to exchange gifts last night. The drill was a hit, as were the bits, but the slippers didn't fit (must be the company - B bought me the same brand slippers for Christmas and they didn't fit, either.) NO biggie, easy to exchange.

Again B spoiled me rotten with lots of little blue boxes filled to the brim with loveliness from our favorite jeweler. This time was a gorgeous set with onyx and white, clear, and black quartz. Heavy and one of a kind -simply beautiful. I don't know what I did to deserve him.

I gave the gift of love to myself this morning with a long relaxing yoga session and some yummy African Orange Mango tea (try it, folks.) Made Monkey Bread with Hazelnuts for my monkeys, and am going to take the day easy. LOVELY.

V-Day is so much more than gifts and treats, though. While I agree that we should all tell each other every day how much we care, it's all so easy to get tied up with the bills and work and appointments and day to day crap. Today, if no other day, make sure to tell folks how you feel. It will feel so good to you and to them.

If you have a mate, love your mate like it's your first day together. If you don't have a mate and want one, my wish for you is that Cupid shoots you squarely in the ass - and I mean that in the nicest possible way! ;-)

******************
To my two friends out West who finally decided to make it legal - I couldn't be happier for you both! My heart is warmed a thousand times with the thought of your future together as husband and wife and the family that you will have together someday. Brightest of blessings and all the love I can muster to you both .

No comments: