Monday, June 06, 2005

Here comes the sun


It's all right (taken by Brian) Posted by Hello
For those of you who know me, you know that I am a music nut. There really isn't a whole lot that I don't love. Willie Nelson to Elvis Presley, Grateful Dead to Cat Stevens, Maria Callas to Verdi, Kid Rock to Metallica, Handle to Mozart, Tama Walo to Bob Marley, Split Lip Rayfield to Ani DiFranco. Andrea Bocelli to Pucinni. Picking a favorite song is impossible. I can tell you what my favorite song is that minute, but favorite above all? That would be like choosing my favorite strand of hair. But, there are some songs that have been my "favorite of the moment" more than others. "Here Comes the Sun" probably tops that list.
**************************
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say it’s all right
Little darling, it’s been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it’s been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it’s all right
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it’s been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it’s all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it’s been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say it’s all right
It’s all right
*******************************************
For those of you for whom these words are new, for the love of Elvis, get thyself to the library and check out Abbey Road. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200, do not even stop to pee. Just go. Now. Go ahead. I'll wait.
Ah, don't you feel better?
There are so many things about this song that make me feel better - regardless of what is going on. It acknowledges that life sucks sometimes, but it also allows for it to get better. AMEN. We hear so many songs and are force fed so many things that either state that life sucks and then you die OR that life is wonderful 100% of the time, so shut up about it already. Give me a break. Anyone who has ever watched SNL for more than one season knows that sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad (even for YEARS at a time,) but constant never. Life is much the same way.
My last post was filled with Bark (thanks, BJ, wherever you are - Bark is a perfect description -and thanks for turning me on to John, Paul, George, and Ringo.) I think we all have those days and it feels soooooooo good to be able to bitch and whine a little bit, but today is a new day.
Here comes the sun
It's all right.

No comments: