Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Assorted rumblings in my head

SO. Some of you may have noticed that I deleted a post (One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small.) I got an email from someone with not so nice comments regarding the post and, in a moment of weakness, I gave two hoots about what they said. Favorite comments from the email:

my weight loss "isn't something that should be shouted about because it's just plain insensitive to those of us who aren't where you are,"

"sitting on your floor isn't the answer"

But the grand prize winner is

"Maybe the reason that 129.6 million Americans are overweight is because our government has a twisted idea of what normal weight really is."

Well, thanks so much for your opinion. Now that it's been voiced and your thoughts are read as well, I'm going to try to recreate the post. Look for it soon.

In all fairness, if Michael Jackson is not guilty, well, then I suppose it's possible that our government does have a twisted idea of normal weight.

And I was born a poor black child.

And in other news

My friend, Jill, has a blog now. This delights me beyond words. I've known her since 8th grade and our history together spans topics such as World Peace, turkey feet in lockers, amoebas, Eric Clapton (there is still a subsitute teacher out there who I swear will never show an anti drug video to a class ever again and, "it's alright, it's alright, it's alright ...",) well, you get the idea. Jill is refreshingly honest and uses phrases like, "Oh Balls!" all the time. Check it out. http://ohballs.blogs.friendster.com/balls_balls_balls/ Jill mentions that she's in Cork. For those of you who might be as geographically ignorant as I, Cork is in IRELAND.

I have some fabulous new clients. I love having great clients. It makes my job so much easier. Wahoo for right on folks having right on babies in right on ways.

My husband and father in law are going to be replacing our gutters, facia, and soffits this week. Sounds great (eyes actually rolling out of my head and across the office floor.) Let's hope that by weeks end, we still have a roof over our heads and everyone is still alive with all their digits. And, I'm hoping that by the end of the week, someone will have learned to make his own coffee.

I have wonderful girlfriends. I'm particularly holding a few of them in my heart right now. I love you, JP, DDFF, VJG. You make being a woman in Mid-Missouri border on fun. And JW? Thanks for remembering your roots and how badly they suck.

Anyone else have dirty laundry that breeds? Honestly.

My kids love Handel. The really love Water Music. I think they see colors when they listen. I know they feel sensations on their skin. I wish I could be as cool as they are, but I've forgotten how.

I wish that someone would take the time to educate the mass public on homeschooling. Yesterday I had to take the kids to a little appointment and the gal we were meeting says to me, "Oh you're homeschooling? Great, Duck, you can be our line leader! You'll have to do that a lot when you're in school." Mindless people really make me wish there was a law enacted to conserve oxygen and people who make comments like that should just be sacrificed for the greater good.

I gotta go get some laundry on the line. Or, start slipping my clothes The Pill.






No comments: