Monday, May 22, 2006

Amazing things are afoot at the Circle K, Ted.


This could turn into a long post, but I'm realizing that I'm not prepared to write about it in full yet, so I'm just going to regurgitate what it is that I feel I can say.
 
Something big is afoot at the Circle K, Ted.  (If you email me the movie reference, I'll give you a gold star!!)
I am the Circle K.
 
I go through these phases where everything is all a bunch of shit and then for a few months everything is golden.  While this sounds like bi-polarism, I think it's more likely a labor of myself.  Meaning, when a woman pushes a child out into the world, the baby moves down a bunch and then goes back up a little - 2 steps forward, 1 step back.  Eventually, a new person emerges after a lot of work and a lot of back and forth.  Tis the same with myself.
 
I've realized a few things in the last few days:
  1. I don't have to good at everything.  I can try things (or not) just for the fun and experience of it - I don't have to make everything an endeavor.
  2. It's okay for me to only do one thing well a day.  For example, Saturday morning, I held down a deck chair really well.  Yesterday, I did laundry to the best of my ability, today I'm spinning well in the morning and will hang out with my best friend this afternoon the very best way I can.  For everything else that comes up, good enough is good enough.
  3. I don't have to be incredibly productive every day of my life.
  4. It's likely that I need to change my definition of "productive."
  5. Hanging out with my kids *is* doing something.
Things are moving, things are changing, things are shifting.  I'm shedding the scales of unwanted thinking and opening up to the beautiful plumage of acceptance.
 
Now way?  Way!

2 comments:

Dee2 said...

Bill and Ted! What do I win?

Becky said...

I hate to one up myself, but the quote it actually wrong. Go to this page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096928/quotes

and about mid way down, you will find the quote by Ted and it actually was "Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K".

So, do I get a second gold star? I love winning contests! Hee-Hee