Saturday, May 13, 2006

Whadda Guy

Somewhere along the line, Karma took notice of me.  I've paid my dues for a lot of my past transgressions, but I've also reaped the rewards of some of my nicer moments.  Nice thing to have, really, this Karma.  It's always made more sense to me than this Heaven and Hell crap.  But I wonder, when things go my way, what caused it?  Was it when I pulled the "nobody" kid aside at youth group, you know, the one who always smelled like pee, and told her what we were playing and let her have my turn?  Was it the time that I cancelled my daily plans and took on a 10 week old child for the day so his young, single mother could go to work to pay the bills?  Was it the time that I discovered that tequila and Mountain Dew actually go quite well together and thus created a new, affordable taste sensation for my fellow broke college friends?
 
I dunno.  I must have done something amazing, however, to have earned my husband.
 
I give B a lot of crap.  I do.  He's a man, he lives in my house, he makes a mess = he's annoying.  But, really, it's not that big of a deal.  He's a gem, a pure gem, and I love him. In the last week, my husband has:
 
Done his own laundry and some of mine, too.
Called me at least 4 times from work to say he loves me
Entertained the kids for 2 hours while I hogged the bathroom.
Brought me bubbles for the bath, tea to drink, and a cloth for my forehead as I soaked in the tub and hogged the bathroom for 2 hours.
Bought me my favorite beer twice, even though he cannot / does not drink anymore and he misses it sometimes.
Jumped so far out of his comfort zone for me - and even allowed it to be photographed.
Made me dinner.
Brought me flowers.
Did the kid pick up / drop off deal so I could sit on my butt and watch a cheesy Lifetime movie.
Arranged for me to have Mother's Day off.  And I mean OFF.  No mothering duties required.  Period.
Then asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day and hinted at a KitchenAid (yeah, we've been here before, but you never know ...)
Offered to take my Mom her Mother's Day gift so I wouldn't even have to think about that.
Told me I'm sexy.
Showed me he thinks so.
Saw I was having a bad day and asked me, "Honey, do you need to go out tonight?  I've got some cash you can have, so don't tell me money is tight."
 
And guess what?  That's all average stuff.  I could expect and receive any or all of that on any given day.
 
A gem, I tell you.  A Gem.
 
Hmm.  Maybe this is Karma paying me back from the night I saved a whole bus of nuns from plummeting down a cliff and being eating alive by fire spewing, nun eating beavers.
 
Or maybe not.
 

No comments: