Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Well, it was B's birthday, but I got the present


He's quitting smoking!!!!
He's been a 2 pack a day smoker for over 15 years and at 11:25 pm on Sunday, B smoked his last cigarette, destroyed the three left over in his last pack, and said goodbye to that nasty habit.
It's hard -he's struggling, but he's doing so well and I couldn't be more thrilled.
I have never been more grateful for anything in my life -if it gives me even one more day with my husband on this planet, it will have been worth it all.
Thanks, B, for doing what it takes to stick around. I love you.

2 comments:

Dee2 said...

I have been thinking about this since our talk yesterday. I'm so, so happy for B and you and your family. Tell B I'm proud of him. He can do this.

Oh Wayward One said...

Amen! And you know how happy I am about it & I have every single finger and toe crossed that I've got. When my mancakes quit I never could shake the feeling that it could go pear-shaped at any given moment, but he hung in there and beat the cancer-stick devil and came out swingin. If he can do it, B. can too. Let's hear it for cold turkey!