Sunday, January 14, 2007

What Sundays are meant to be

There's ice all over everything outside. Thick ice and more is coming. Normally, this would piss me off. Normally, I'd be lamenting about being frozen in and all the angst about trying to get anywhere. But not today.

Today is Sunday.

B is off work today and there's nothing that really needs to be done. Good thing, it's not like we could accomplish much, anyway. The kids are happy, we have a house full of good food, the energy is nice. I'm thinking today will be a day of movies, popcorn, board games, and soup. Probably will bundle up and go out to the back yard so we can fall on our asses. Maybe we'll sled down our street. Who knows?

It's Sunday. It's cozy and warm in my little house, and I'm iced in with my favorite people in the world.

This is what Sundays are meant to be.

No comments: