Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I got nothing

No deep philosophical revelations to divulge.  No sudden epiphanies.  Not even any real political out cry at the moment.  I mean, yeah, there's lots of stuff going on, nothing I want to write about.  I want to write for a few minutes about a lot of things that mean nothing really.  What can I say?  Life is good, no real reason to bitch.  Or pontificate.  Or rally the troupes.  Or whatever. 
 
The boys asked me to change their computer desktop, so I did.  I changed it to some space theme deal which works well since they are jumping back into space study.  Again.  Great desktop theme, really. I mean, everything is Space related - desktop, pointers, screensavers, even the sounds.  In fact, it's these sound that I want to write about.  They are constant coming from the computer now.  The screensaver makes some sort of buzz/hiss/thwang thing every few seconds and the boys roll on the floor with delight.  I haven't figured it out yet, but it's nearly like the Mothership is calling my boys home.  Different sounds elicit different responses from them and there is one particular sound that appears to hold more weight than others.  I don't know what the sound is or what it means, but occasionally I'll hear a blip or a flwongg and Duck stands up and shouts, "That's my REPORT!" and he goes and stares at the computer for a few seconds and then he's off.  I wonder - could the Mothership possibly be sending them messages to clean the playroom?  To get their hands out of their pants?  To be nice to each other?  To suddenly decide that they, too, love tofu salad and sushi?  Who knows.  I'm assuming time will tell.  Kids are strange.
 
Speaking of kids, mine have found yet another term for the bodily function of passing gas.  First it was toot.  Then it was fart.  Now it's Backfire.  Yep.  My kids backfire regularly.  In fact, we all should backfire up to 14 times a day, says Oprah and Dr. Oz.  Okay.  Backfire. Sheesh.
 
I signed up for an 8 week power yoga class.  Thank you Elvis for putting me in the right place at the right time to be offered this chance.  Oy, my body needs it.  I let the upkeep slide a bit over the past couple of months and have gained a few pounds.  I can still fit into my clothes, but, well, not exactly as comfortably as I did a bit ago.  A few pounds on a short body makes a HUGE difference.  Anyway, I've gotten myself back on track doing my regular workout at home, but I need more than that. I need a class, someone to push me, to motivate me, to hurt me.  I think this is the class.  It's on Friday evenings and my girl DDFF is in the class, too, as well as some other lovely ladies that I know.  I'm going to love the work, the stretch, the movement, but I'm also going to love being surrounded by women moving their bodies, loving their bodies, taking care of their bodies.  I love Estrogen, did you know?  Anyway, I'm also going to enjoy the opportunity to go have some sushi after class with my mates, too.  I think I'll skip the shrimp tempura, though.  No need to counter that hard work with fried food, eh?
 
On that note, I'm also contemplating getting a membership to a local gym / rec center.  B is one ripped guy, but he's lamenting that his pecs are not as defined as they once were (yeah, me, too.) He is wanting to build up his endurance and up his cardio strength.  I want a place where I can do some good strength training, swim, and maybe run a bit (yeah, heh, okay, not run.  Walk fast while listening to Erzulie is more like it.)  The kids?  Well, there's not much there that the kids wouldn't like.  But I'm not sure we'll use it as much as we should for the money it will cost.  I wish I could go and try it all out once or twice before I make a choice.  Hmm.  Might have to look into that.
 
Ohhhhhhh and I just realized that this means I can go and buy new work out gear.  Sweet,
 
I finished the sweater minus some fly buttons.  I gotta go and get something funky - maybe some beads?  Not sure.  The sweater fits and is soooooo comfy, I'm not certain it doesn't make me look like I'm 80, but I think it's a keeper.  I couldn't take it off yesterday.  I'm thinking that I love it.  It might not be as flattering on me as some other things might be, but let me remind you all - it's a cardigan.  Not exactly the most stylish thing on the planet to begin with.  It will be perfect for births.
 
Speaking of births, I have a meeting tonight with a client that I'm not sure I like.  I think she's going to be exhausting.  I'm doing it as a favor to a former client, but man, I'm thinking I got the bum end of that deal. Ah well, too early to tell, I suppose.  Wish me luck.  Hell, wish me luck in remembering I have the meeting!
 
I need to go grocery shopping.  It's an adventure taking two little kids to the store and dropping $200+ on groceries.  It takes forever because I read ever label of every new thing I buy.  Plus I'm going to an Amish market this weekend to get some stuff, so I have to remember NOT to buy it at the store today.  I ought to go through my cookbook collection and pick out some new meals to try and that will mean making a detailed shopping list.  Crap.  It's gonna be a big adventure.   Anyone want to come and put a zillion bags of groceries away for me?
 
Somehow, magically, the stars and planets lined up just right this morning and B and I sat at the kitchen table drinking coffee for 30 minutes or so.  We just sat there, drank coffee, and talked like grownups do when they don't have 2 small kids pulling on them this way and that demanding something to eat, drink, play with, think about, etc.  Awesome.  I wish we could make that happen every day.  JM Bill, you get to do this everyday.  Lucky  cow.
 
If you have kids, you MUST go out immediately and get Cranium Cadoo.  We got it Sunday and we've played this game I don't know how many times.  It's so much fun.  We all sat around the dinner table last night after we ate and played as a family.  SUPER fun.  Love it.
 
Ah shit, there goes Duck's report.  Maybe the Mothership will send the grocery list ....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments: