Friday, January 19, 2007

My sister is obsessed with blogs and has one of her own. Okay, maybe obsessed is a strong word, but I think she's used it herself. Anyway, she has been posting all these random polls (for lack of a better word.) I'm sure you've seen many of these come through your email inbox, but she's found some rather unusual ones (or made them up herself.) Anyway, because it's Friday and I'm in a good mood, I'm gonna do one or two here. Go ahead and check out her blog - I'm sure she'll come up with some new and interesting ones in the next few days. I'm not sure where she finds these, but if you like them, she's the go to girl.

A Countdown of sorts

10 Favorites
Color: purple
Food: sushi

Month: April

Song: impossible to decide -might as well ask me which skin cell is my favorite
Film: Maybe Annie Hall.
Sport: Baseball
Season: Summer
Day of the week: Sunday

Flavor ice cream: I don't eat much ice cream, but Wavy Gravy is hands down my favorite
Time of day: 8 pm -kids bedtime

9 Currents
Mood: Happy

Taste: eclectic

Clothes: dark blue jeans, hot pink poor boy sweater, barefoot
Desktop: me & B kissing

Toenail color: metallic red
Time: 9:36 AM
Surroundings: in my basement office sitting lotus style on my chair, kids on their computer next to me
Thoughts: I hope my foot doesn't fall asleep

Company: Duck and Stealth


8 Firsts
Best friend: uh, uh, man. Brandy something or other in Kindergarten

Kiss: REAL kiss? Steve Morris, top of 6th grade

Lover: my first love, BJ. We were each other's firsts and neither of us ever regretted it.

Screen name: I'm not telling - I'm an IM snob

Pet: Teddy Bear Hamster named Bo. I eventually got Luke and Daisy, too

Piercing: Ears - I don't remember exactly how old I was, but it must have been when I was 9?
Crush: Arthur Fonzerelli, and Zoot and Floyd from the Muppets

Cd: Pearl Jam's Ten and Annie Lenox's Diva


7 Lasts
Cigarette: quit full time smoking, crap, 9 years go. Used to socially smoke, but haven't in a few months
Drink: coffee, last booze was 7 weeks ago.

Car Ride: shopping yesterday
Kiss: B as he left for work

Film seen: The Pursuit of HappYness
Phone call: I have no idea -- B, probably

CD Played: Grateful Dead bootleg

6 Have You Ever’s
Dated one of your best girl/guy friends? Dated? nooo.

Broken the law? Yes
Been arrested? No, never

Skinny Dipped? Yes
Been on TV? Yes, several times

Kissed someone you didn’t know? yes

5 Things
Thing you are wearing: headband
Thing you’ve done today: made blueberry muffins

Thing you can hear right now: the music from the Handy Manny website

Thing you can’t live without: oxygen
Thing you do when you’re bored: knit

4 Places you’ve been today
1. Bed
2. Bathroom
3. Kitchen
4. Living room

3 People you can tell anything to (honestly, there are a few others, too, but they don't fit here)
1. B
2. JP
3. VJ


2 choices
Black or white? Black
Hot or cold? Hot

1 thing you want to do before you die
Travel cross country on his and hers Harley's with B



ONE WORD ONLY



This Moment: peaceful

Your Shoes: off
Craving: fulfilled

The State of Your Home: inhabited

Annoyed By: superficiality

Noise In the Background: childish

Really Want To: cuddle

Thinking About: tonight
Smelling: basement
Favorite Product In Office Supply Aisle: equipment
Don't Ever Want To: lie

Your Eye Color: blue-green

The Weather: cold

Have Never Tried: sauerkraut
Think Everyone Should Try: forgiveness

Last Vacation Destination: B&B

The Last Thing You Had to Drink: coffee
Your Bad Habit: criticism
What You're Going To Do Now: pee







Now, having done that, on we go ...

I'm really not thrilled with the formatting of this - all the bold and not bold crap. Eh well, I don't care enough to fix it.




Tonight I start my yoga class. Last week was postponed due to the weather. I'm so excited to have some time each week where I can focus on myself and doing what is right for my body. LOVE THAT. And it's not gonna hurt that DDFF and I are hitting some sushi afterwards. YUM.



B and I have been waiting for something for a long long long time. It was, in theory, only going to take a couple of weeks. It ended up taking 10 long months and lots of struggle. Finally, it came to pass this past Wednesday. I have to say, somethings are just worth the wait. Halle-freaking-lujah.



You know what? I sat down here and was going to write this big long post about life, current events (GO Obama!!!, Welcome home to 2 abducted boys, what the hell is Paula Abdule smoking?,) music choices, literary discoveries, and cooking experiments, but the fact is that my kids are just more important. It appears they have turned the playroom into a gourmet restaurant - and they are insisting that I'm hungry. How about that? All this time I thought that growling was my inner beast. Turns out, it's an apparently empty stomach.



Happy Friday!

No comments: