Monday, June 18, 2007

My kind of day

It's Monday, I'm drinking coffee, and it's raining.  I've been up for a little more than 3 hours (B woke me up in the *nicest* way, heh heh heh) and have already accomplished everything I needed to do today, minus changing the bedding, but frankly, I like to do that right before showering and going to sleep, so it can wait.
 
I've made cinnamon rolls, gone to the bank, paid the electric bill, took care of Hank, emailed a client. My kids are happily playing with blocks and Hot Wheel tracks and train tracks and cars and trains and such.  They're making some sort of city, complete with hidden explosives. What can I say, they are boys.  At least it's a team effort, eh?  My dog is sleeping (or pretending to sleep) by my side.  There is no tv on, no music on, it's quiet - with the exception of the rain and my loved ones.
 
For the first time, I'm taking part of our community-wide One Read program.  I'm not sure that I'll participate in any of the group activities, but there's something really neat about reading a book along with an entire town.  I will admit that it's likely that I'm the only one reading this book for the reason that I'm reading it.  Two words: Circus Freaks.  Indeed, that's all it took to hook me.  The book we're reading, Water for Elephants is, so far, amazing.  I'm probably 1/3 of the way through it and I can already say that I cannot wait to read it again.  It's brilliantly written with unbelievable detail - and yet it's not stuffy or hard to get through or anything.  It's fast paced and entertaining and full of dry wit.  I love it.  And I love that today is just perfect for lounging on the couch, listening to the rain, and reading.  Duck and Stealth also have books that they are reading - Duck is reading Scooby Doo chapter books and Stealth is enjoying several Word Bird books.  It's so awesome to look around the room and see my offspring quietly reading to themselves.  Bliss, I'm telling you.
 
I need a new knitting project. I cannot possibly purchase any more yarn until I get rid of some of what I have.  Unfortunately, I have a zillion and twelve partial hanks of yarn or, in some cases, two or three skeins of a particular yarn.  I'm not sure what I need or want to make, but it has to be a Stash Buster project.  Any ideas?  DDFF, I'm looking to you, girl.  I've got tons of worsted weight stuff and some that would take a size 9 needle well -- but it's all sorts of different stuff: wool, silk, acrylic, mohair, etc.  Some solid, some variegated.  AND I have some novelty yarn - ribbon and boa type stuff.  And, of course, a billion and twelve odds and ends of Ozark left over from previous projects.  All I have in mind so far is another bag and honest to moses, do I need more bags? (shut up, you, I know that I will continue to purchase and create bags until I have so many I cannot even open the door to my closet, but whatever ....)  B is begging for me to find a project (he says I'm getting fidgety,) so help me out!!
 
I met with, quite possibly, the most beautiful woman on the face of the planet Saturday night.  She's expecting her third child in July and I would love to be a part of it.  I cannot get this woman out of my head.  She was just ... regal.  Man, I love women.  I'm so glad to be one.
 
Can I just say how much I love B's shaved head?  It's not bald -- just very very short. He's had it like this before, but was also shaving his face then.  It's a whole different ball game now that he's keeping his facial hair ... and he's a bit older.  I love the way he's aging.  He's got a receding hairline and some gray hair here and there (mostly in his beard,) but he's my man and I adore him. 
 
I just heard one of my children call the other child a, "Foul, evil, offensive cockroach."  Apparently, it was all in play as no one seems to be offended!  All the more evidence to stay out of their play and let them fend for themselves.
 
I want a new masthead for my blog.  Anyone have ideas?
 
Ahhhhhhhhh ... the sound of the rain is calling me upstairs to the couch and to my book.  Who am I to resist?

1 comment:

Dee2 said...

Ooh, I'm on a sweater kick.
I'm knitting a size 4T pullover for Brenda's kid - and then I'm on to another one for my upcoming new niece (yep, another girl!)
Hmm. You know you can never go wrong with bags, though. I have a great pattern for a very shaped and stylish one if you want it.
I'm gonna take on a *huge* doctor's style bag that I found in a book one of these days soon.

OOH, how do you change the headliner on your blog?
I like the one you have, BTW.

Talk, talk, talk - I need coffee.