Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What I know

  • I love leg warmers.  Yep, I do.  NOT the slouchy acrylic bullshit that ran as rampant as STDs at Studio 54.  NO, I'm talking about the 100% wool, hand knit, fitted leg warmers that actually, gasp, keep your legs warm while wearing skirts in the winter.  Yep, I love 'em.
  • I know that B does not like these leg warmers.
  • I also know that I don't care.
  • If you're going on a road trip, it is imperative that you have good tunes.
  • If you have the chance, get Velma to hook you up with said tunes 'cause she's mind bogglingly brilliant at this.
  • Tide To Go will get Shiraz out of white cotton shirts.
  • The best sleep you'll get is the 20 minutes before your kid wakes you up and asks for an ice cream cone for breakfast.
  • That same kid will eat black beans and rice all day long, so occasionally ice cream for breakfast is okay.
  • Kids really can survive without screen time.  Easy peasy.  A SAHM surviving without her kids' screen time is another topic all together.
  • I am the Candyland champion of my house.  This season, I'm 6 - 0.
  • My children have reached the age where toots are no longer toots, they are farts, and they are worthy competition upon which they both laugh so hard they wet themselves.
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Just ask Dan Brown.  Loved The Da Vinci Code so much that I went back and read his previous novel, Angels and Demons.  Loved it too.  No surprise, however - they are the same damned book just with different references.
  • I've knitted so much and discussed my knitting so much with B that he thinks he can look at a pattern and tell me if it's hard or not.  He's always wrong, but I love him for trying.
  • My husband will dig through the trash to get something for me that I accidentally threw away 3 days ago.  If that ain't love, I don't know what is.
  • My son has prettier hair than me.
  • Everything old can be new again.
  • Sometimes I'm amazed at how little I know, others I'm stunned at how much I do.
  • Kashi kicks ass.
  • Sometimes you just gotta chuck it in the Fuck-It Bucket.
  • Mud boots are the greatest thing ever invented for children.
  • They're not bad for adults, either.
  • Kids need to play in creeks and catch tadpoles and climb trees and fall down a little bit here and there. 
  • Adults need the same.
  • When Mehndi wears off your body, it goes through a stage where, from a distance, you look as though you've been horribly burned.  Lovely.
  • I know just enough about computers to be dangerous, but not really enough to be useful.
  • Spinning yarn makes your boogers technicolored.
  • Real men do eat quiche - it happens at my house all the time.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoo Ha! Let's hear it for Number-6-from-the-bottom!! :D