Wednesday, October 04, 2006

And I'm off ---

Well, nearly. Leaving very early tomorrow morning. I'll wander in and kiss my sleeping babies before I leave and know that the first two days are always the hardest.

It took me a good solid 4 hours to pick and choose my music for Erzulie. Then I had to go back and revise and revise and revise.

The bags are packed and ready to go.

Travel money is in the bank.

B is coming home early today so we can spend some time together. He did the same yesterday and we all went for a hike and then played in a sun dappled creek. I took a million pictures - a few of which are coming with me.

Need to get the boys to leave a voice memo on my phone so I can hear them when I need to.

I'm reading a passage from a wonderful book at V & M's wedding. I've been practicing it and I still cannot get through it without crying. In fact, the tears start stinging my eyes and burning my throat after the first sentence. I'm going to have to breathe deep to make it through or else I'll be wiping snot with my scarf before I finish the first paragraph.

I made a huge and stunning decision to not take along any knitting. None. At all. Period. I can knit at home and if I have knitting, I'll be distracted and won't get out there and adventure. I have to remember how to adventure by myself - and San Francisco sounds like the perfect place to figure that out.

Tonight I do the online flight check in and print my boarding passes.

Tomorrow I start my adventure.

I know they'll be just fine and dandy -I'm not worried about them, but I'm going to miss my husband and my children terribly. But I suppose that part of the purpose in this journey is to find someone that I've been missing even more for even longer - myself.

Have a wonderful weekend, folks. Remember to tell yours that you love them. Get out and enjoy the weather. And be prepared for tons of photos when I return. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Becky said...

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy SF. I'm jealous, b/c you get to go to a great place with no kids!

Good luck rediscovering yourself. You haven't lost 'her' you've always known who you are. Just go enjoy being you again.

I love you

Mama All-Star said...

Have a wonderful time Momma. You will have a great time and enjoy adventuring on your own.

Love to you Momma
Mere

espd said...

Mamakohl, it was so fantastic having you here! I'm so glad you could come and share our weekend with us; you being there made it all the more special. I'm not just saying that, I know you know. It was all-important for Velma's sisters to be there, plus it meant a lot to me too.

Going up to Twin Peaks with just you and Velms was great fun and I'm so glad we found enough energy on the last night to do it. I wish the three of us could have spent more time together, but there's an entire lifetime of visits we can still have!

Say hello to all the boys! Ta, from the Left Coast.