Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In brief

Things are insane around here.  Not so much busy but just full.  Full of life, full of activities and projects, full of promise - also full of stress, full of bullshit, full of annoyances, full of other people's expectations.  Of course, in typical Mamakohl style, I'm cutting every unnecessary thing and person out until things settle down.  In that spirit, I give you my current life In Brief:
 
Tomorrow is our annual Zoo trip with my in-laws.  This year the Fragile Forest is finally open and there is a new baby to see - Raja has a daughter!  This is always a wonderful trip for us.  We love going in the middle of the week - there are no crowds and this year, the weather is supposed to be gorgeous!  I cannot wait.  Now, if we can only keep my in-laws from feeding Duck and Stealth enormous amounts of crap food.  Agh.  I mean, enough is enough already - especially when we always end the trip with a visit to Ted Drew's.
 
The trip to San Francisco is coming up very quickly.  A few long phone conversations with Velma has gotten me so excited I can barely stand it.  We'll be seeing the redwoods, the beach, and I'll be staying in Chinatown for 2 or 3 nights while I'm there.  The best part (other than the Hitchin' Party - seriously, you all, check out the link,) is going to the Burning Man street fest on my last night there.  OH YEAH, baby.  I might have to pack a second bag for the clothes for that night - watch out, world, Mama is getting her funk on.  Nothing like pyrotechnics and half naked folks to get my mojo risin'.
 
I dropped a large sum of money yesterday at my favorite local yarn shop - got a little sumpin' sumpin' as a surprise for a friend of mine, but more importantly, I got something for myself for the first time in ages.  I bought some Addi Turbo circular needles - maybe the nicest needles I have.  Bought them to make a lovely little scarf / shrug / turtleneck thingy that I've been thinking about for nearly a year.  And, I got myself some delicious Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL yarn with which to make it.  AHHHHHHHHH, 50% baby alpaca and 50% Merino wool equals 100% luxury.
 
B is growing his hair out again and the goatee / moustache has returned.  He's looking like a badass again.  I wonder how much of is this has to do with him trying to hold onto his youth and how much of it has to do with my obsession with Kid Rock.  Either way, it's fine with me.
 
The weather here is amazing.  Just gorgeous.  Fall, like childhood, lasts for just a blink of an eye.  Better get out there and enjoy it while it's here.
 

No comments: