Friday, September 22, 2006

bits

PSA: If you're going to share music, please please please please please be damned sure you know what the hell you're talking about! I downloaded a song that I was very excited about a while back (one of my favorite songs covered by one of my favorite bands) and just got around to listening to it. The moron who shared it clearly had no idea what he was talking about. Sure, the organ sounds a lot like Ray Manzarek, but the vocal clearly isn't Jim Morrison. It is undeniably the very popular version of the song by The Animals. It's an amazing song, don't get me wrong, but for the love of all that is holy, don't label it as "The House of the Rising Sun by The Doors" unless you want me flying to Romania and kicking your ass.

On that same note, I love love love that song. It reminds me of my Dad. He used to play it on the guitar when I was a little girl. In fact, I first thought that the song was Amazing Grace 'cause that's how Dad always used to sing it. Don't believe me? Go head, try it. "There is a house in New Orleans" = "Amazing Grace How Sweet the Sound." The whole freaking song fits. Frankly, it's the only way I like Amazing Grace. Says a lot about how I came to be the way I am - learned "Amazing Grace" to a tune about a whore house. Anyway, my Dad turned me onto a lot of great music and I'm really grateful to him for that.

Storm warnings. Yeah. Hate it when they're not in my county and yet the interrupt the one TV show I watch during the day. I swear, they couldn't have done it 5 minutes earlier when some stupid Entertainment show was on? Honestly, who gives a flying how do you do about who is screwing who, who's wearing what? WHO CARES? And the storm hadn't even come close to hitting yet! C'mon, folks!

One of the other TV shows that I watch premiered last night, though, and I seriously hurt myself laughing. The Office. OH MY SWEET CHEEKS, that was hysterical!!! I was skeptical when it came out a couple of years ago - it couldn't possibly be as good as the British version, could it? BUT, I'm here to say, it may very well be the best TV show on the air. Period.

In 2 weeks, I'll be in San Francisco! I leave in 13 days and am sooooooooo looking forward to it. I think I'm going to have to have some sort of serious sedative with me, though, because I've never been away from my family for that long. I'm going to miss B and the boys so much. But, um, not that much. WAHOO! Mama's going on vacation!!! Staying 1 night in The Mission, 3 nights right inside Chinatown. Hitting Golden Gate park, the redwoods, the beach, stores and stores and the burning man festival, but Oh, what a pleasure and blessing it will be to see my VJ get hitched!!!!!! Note to self - get B to the store and buy new camera.

Took the boys to the biggest playground in town this morning. We were the only folks there, which was kind of sad because they like playing with other kids, but it was a great way to start the day! Love it.

I should never ever ever make chocolate chip cookies with dark chocolate chips again. I eat way too many of them. Horrible, I tell you.

Got an email from a former boyfriend the other day. He's still hot and still the same guy he's always been. You ladies in Chicago, you're missing out! I'm so glad I moved on from him, but I'm also still so glad we're still friends. Seriously, ladies. There's still a good one out there!

J.M. Bill, the tea is rockin' my world. Thanks!

1 comment:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.