Friday, August 05, 2005

Super Boy

look at us - self portrait from this morning

Duck is 5 years old. Most people look at him and say he is the spitting image of me - all I can say is that I wish I was that beautiful. To be honest, I think he looks more like his father than me. Yes, of course, he does have my coloring - but that's really where it ends. His nose is his father's, so is that smile. The thing that clinched my falling in love with Brian was his smile - it took up his whole face. Duck's does, too. He has his father's feet, his father's laugh, his father's sleeping habits (what's mine is mine, what's yours is mine, and don't even think about using your own pillow - that's mine, too.)

But he's smarter than both of his parents.

Duck is the only one who can help me see when I'm being totally insane (well, okay, his father can do it, too, but not as well.) Duck is constantly saying, "Mom, relax and look - it's not a big deal." Duck can see the truth when it seemingly can't be found. Duck sees beauty in everything. Duck is the embodiment of who I want to be when I grow up. He is everything pure and holy and reverent.

And he's a hell of a lot of fun.

1 comment:

velma said...

I miss you guys!