Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My name is NOT Alice

It is NOT helping if you bring up a basket of laundry and leave it on the living room floor for 3 days. You want to help? Fold the shit up and put it away. Bring it up and leave it in the living room for 3 days and prepare to meet your maker. I'm not your bloody slave. It's not my job.

The dishes do not just magically appear clean in the cupboard. Someone must rinse and wash them and then put them away. Once upon a time, you might have known how to do that. I am willing to write out instructions. I am willing to hire a hypnotist to help you recover the memories of how to do it. I am NOT willing to be the only one to use this knowledge anymore.

From here on out, things left on the floor will be left in the garbage. You value it, take care of it.

I could go on, but I'm so full of rage right now my eyeballs are shaking.

I will leave you with the following thought:

I am NOT your maid. I know this because maids get paid, vacation, and sick leave. I get none of the above.

No comments: