Tuesday, February 06, 2007

OMG, I'm in love with this


I am so in love with my Friday night yoga class that I'm already starting to be sad about it ending in another 5 weeks. not to mention the fact that I'll miss this week and that will only leave me 4 more classes to attend. I love yoga, have for years and years, and it's so vitally important to my mental and physical health. I have a zillion yoga dvds and videos, but am always hesitant to use them because they don't really give me the work out that I desire, or they are full of instructions for beginners. This is all fine and good for beginners and folks who need the added instruction, but when you've been doing it for 10 years or so (admittedly off and on, but still,) the chatter becomes an impediment to your practice.
Enter my man, Rodney Yee. ZING!
I adore Rodney Yee. I know I'm not alone (shout DDFF!!) I have a few of his videos and have actually had this Power Yoga dvd for quite some time but never used it because, well, see above. Today, however, I decided to give it a go and WOW WOW WOW. I love it. Just love it! It's very comparable to my class on Friday nights but is even more challenging, which is exactly what I want. There is no instructional chatter, simply music and the poses being announced. It's fast paced and made me sweat and stretch and challenge myself. Bliss, pure bliss.
I think I'll still sign up for another class when my current session runs out 'cause I love being around all those women working hard, but this dvd, my friends, is an excellent companion.
Off to the shower -I stink.


No comments: