Thursday, February 15, 2007

Court

So I had my court date this morning for my little wreck I had in January and the prosecuting atty said, "Mamakohl is in violation of colliding with another motor vehicle resulting in significant damage!!"   

When I had my turn to speak, I said, "First off, I'd like to point out that significant damage was to my own vehicle -I was going about 8 mph and slid under Jeep."  The judge asked the Pros Atty if that was true and the PA said, "uhm, yes, that is correct - significant damage to her vehicle, minimal if any damage to the other." 

Well, DUH!!!!

Anyway, $72.50 + court costs (total $95,) and I get to take an online defensive driving course ($30) to avoid getting 2 points on my license.

The judge was kind and the online course will be simple and no points on my license.  Good enough.

Oh well, at least I wasn't hauled off in handcuffs.  I saw that happen to some poor woman today.

And, finally, if you get caught pissing on a bush in my county, as did some college guy, you'll be fined $125 + court costs because it "makes it really unpleasant for everyone around you."  NICE.

No comments: