Thursday, February 08, 2007

6 years tomorrow


Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary! 6 years ago, B and I took 8 month old Duck to the courthouse and we got hitched. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday. Sometimes it seems like a thousand lifetimes ago.
Our anniversary is always special to us. We lived together for 2 years before getting married and we took a long time to decide to say I Do. Taking that extra time really makes us appreciate our marriage and what we have. We make the choice every single day to be together and have never taken it for granted.
Tomorrow, we are dropping the boys off with the in-laws and spending the day together. I'm not sure what we're going to do, neither is he, and we don't care. We'll be together and that's all we care about. I'm sure there will be loud music and some off road driving - just getting out and having fun.

Tomorrow night, 2(JP) are coming up and we're having dinner at a swank place. We know the owners quite well as well as all the managers. They are expecting us around 7 and B has been told that they're "doing it all up special" for us, whatever that means.
The craziest thing? B is wearing a tie. Yep, and it was even his own suggestion! I couldn't be more surprised if an atomic bomb went off in my bra (hush, you.) So, of course, I went out and bought a new dress for the occasion and it hugs the right parts just perfectly. WAHOOOOOO
I'm so excited, I cannot wait.
6 years down, 294 left to go. I hope those years crawl by - this is just too much fun.
I love you, B. Happy anniversary.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy Anniversary you two. Very sweet, loving, touching post.