Tuesday, November 07, 2006


Alright, I'll admit it -there is a very definate part of my neck that is red. I denied it for ages, but it comes out every now and then and won't let up. So, needless to say, when I put listened to this cd today, that part of my neck erupted in flames! This is quite possibly the finest album of any genre I've heard in a long long long time. It's raw and bare and very much in tune with Hank Sr.'s work (Daddy would be proud of Bocephus.) There's tons of old guitar blues, some typical Hank Jr. sound, and well, let me just say, Erzulie will be playing the hell out of this for some time.

If you get a chance, give it a shot. Even (maybe especially) if you think you don't like country music, if you swore on your can of Aquanet that you'd never listen to Hank Williams Jr., just try it. Brilliant, I say. Brilliant. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we say grace & we say ma'am, if you ain't into that...we don't give a damn!