Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sound FX suck (or, why I wish I was deaf)

I have 2 sons. This was always what I wanted because I'm terrified at the thought of raising a girl. So, two beautiful boys that I love and cherish. Two boys who fill my heart with such love, my life with such laughter. Two boys who make me glad I'm alive. And who, quite frequently, make me want to stab ice picks into my ears.

It has been slowly creeping up on me, but it has finally hit with full, unrelenting, torturous force - my children have become full time sound effects machines.

From before I open my eyes until I blissfully close their bedroom door at night, I'm assualted by pops, hisses, spits, and assorted Thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttts, phhhhffffffffttttttttttts, bshewwwwwwwws, and shhhhhooots.

I'm telling you, it drives me up the fucking wall.

Ooooooooooom booooooooooop.

CRASH!!!

No comments: